Monday, May 5, 2008

The weekend and a knitting project

Ethan bowled in a tournament this past weekend. He bowled fairly well, but didn't place this time. Oh well. To be honest, I'm glad the bowling season is over for a little bit... I'm looking forward to getting a little extra sleep on Saturdays... unless of course I decide to get up early and go tour the garage sales...



Mom and I went to Art in the Park this past Sunday. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we had an incredible time walking around and checking out all the vendors. I only bought one thing... a pair of turquoise earrings.

My hunny and I are going out of town for a few days... not far away only a few hours away to Wichita... and not for long... leaving on Tues and returning on Thursday... but still, it is the first time he and I have gone anywhere without anyone else. It's so weird to think about going away without my son, but it will be good for me.

I got quite a bit of work done on the 2nd of my Panda Charade socks over the weekend. I did the last 6 rows of the cuff, did the heel flap, turned the heel, picked up the gusset and am now flying down the foot portion. This is where I get burned out though. Making socks long enough for my size 12 feet is BORING! But, I keep telling myself that I REALLY want pink socks so I need to hurry up. More importantly I need them finished before I leave Wichita to come back home on Thursday. These socks are the February socks for On Your Toes Sock-of-the-Month Club at Twist. I am frustrated that I'm running so far behind on getting them done... and I really want to pick up my stitch marker for completing them while I am there.

Pattern:
Charade by Sandra Park from I May Be Knitting A Ranch House.
Yarn: Crystal Palace Yarns Panda Cotton Solid
55% bamboo, 24% cotton, 21% elastic nylon Colorway: Fuschia
Needles: Two size 2 (2.75mm) circular needles from Knit Picks


The March sock for On Your Toes is the Peak Experience Sock. But I think I'll be skipping this one for right now. Since the yarn is mainly Wool and I'm not likely to wear anytime soon, I'm moving on to other things. I can always come back and finish this later.
Pattern:
Peak Experience by Betsy Lee McCarthy from Fiber Trends
Yarn: Opal Hundertwassers Werk - 75% wool 25% Polyamide

Colorway: Silver Spiral (#897)



I think my next sock project will be the April On Your Toes sock. It is the Broadripple Sock from Knitty. Since they are cotton, I will wear them now and then throughout the summer, so need to get busy on them.

Pattern:
Broadripple Socks by Rob Matyska from Knitty Summer '03
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Fixation - 98.3% Cotton 1.7% Elastic

Colorway: Spray Dyed #9030



Hope everyone has a fabulous week! I'll post more when I get back from my trip.

No comments: