Monday, June 23, 2008

Project Updates

Hello all!

Progress is being made on projects... I call it progress anyway. I've been fighting a bit of startitis lately, but everyone has that now and then right?

Spinning First!!!
Chili Peppers is DONE!

Fiber: Superfine Merino & Silk
Purchased: Exclusively by Linda Lee on Etsy
Yards: ~280
WPI: 15
Ply: 3
Plan: No Clue yet... perfect texture and weight for socks... but not enough so will have to think of something else...

Now for Knitting!!!

I've been working on my "On Your Toes - Denim Broadripple" socks for too long... I just keep getting interested in too many other things. I only have about 9 more rows before I start the toe decreases. So it shouldn't be too much longer now. I mainly only work on these when I'm in a restaurant waiting on my food, or in a meeting, or something where I need simple small work so I only get a few rows done at a time.

I have also started knitting two different projects using my handspun yarn.

First is the Swirl Shawl using my "Pumpkin Latte" and "Cream Yak"















Then last night I started the Seascape Wrap from the newest edition of Knitty. I'm using "Turquoise Yumminess" for this project and it is making up beautifully so far.














I'm not sure what it is about this project, but it has all my attention right now. Just couldn't quit yesterday and I can't get over how beautifully the yarn is knitting up. Wish I could take a decent picture so it would show it better.

That's it for now... more updates later.

Take care!

No comments: